CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 25, 2009

I Will Carry You

Briley Kate Pettway 2 pounds 2 onces 15 inches

Layla Grace Pettway 2 pounds 1.5 ounces 14 inches

Precious Layla

It's hard to believe that TODAY was the original due date for our two little girls. I just can't imagine what it would be like to erase the past...to have our two babies here healthy and on time. But life gave us a different path, and God is helping us find the good in it. Words escape me today. There's a big hole in my heart, and sometimes all you can do is cry. I'm reminded of a song by casting crowns:
I was sure by now
That you would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen" and its still raining.
As the thunder rolls
I barely hear you whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away
I'll praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For you are who you are
No matter where I am
And every tear I cry, you hold in your hands
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I'll praise you in this storm
I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find you?
And as the thunder rolls
I barely hear you whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away
I lift my eyes unto the hills...where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The maker of heaven and earth.
I love you both, more than words can express. I'm so blessed that God allowed me to be your mommy!

4 comments:

Lifethrualinds said...

Leanne,

This moves me to tears. I love all of your entries. Briley is so beautiful. I wish I was closer to be able to hug you and hold her. We miss you guys so much. Our hearts and prayers are always with you. I love all your blog entries. Keep us posted.

-Ben and Lindsay Harrison

Suzy Shoup said...

Leanne - I can't wait until Briley, Jackson, and Anthony get to meet! We love you all and think of you often!

Laurie Malik said...

I finally got on the Blog!Since I get to see Briley in person I thought I did not need to look.So glad I did!What a priviledge it is to be your Mom Leanne and your Mom-in-law Brian and Grandma JuJu to that sweet baby Briley Kate.As I read through my tears I so look forward to seeing Briley grow and watching her parents love and guide and protect her.As Briley and I rock on to baby praise music and talk to Layla Grace in heaven, we know that God is good ALL of the time!Can't help but think when Briley has her sweet hands and arms by her face she is singing "God you reign"
Love you all like crazy
Mom

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful. Thank you for taking the time to write this down, though it must have been hard. Your faith and perseverance are inspiring! I'm amazed and thankful at how God has sustained you.

Post a Comment

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers