CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Briley Kate...3 weeks old!!

                                             BK with Momma

                  Haha...Grandma Ju Ju hates this hat, but I think its cute!


            I have my daddy's wedding band on my arm!


Briley was 3 weeks old on monday...big girl!!  Today, I would be 31 weeks pregnant.  Can you believe that?  Most women are no where near thinking about having a baby at that gestational age, and my little darling is 3 weeks old.  She is still taking the same amount of breastmilk (20cc's) and now weighs 2 pounds 9 ounces, anyone care to guess what she will weigh next monday? Hopefully 3 pounds!!  So far we have no had any major setbacks.  The oxygen has been taken off and put back on, but that is a very minor thing; however, yesterday we were informed that she needed a blood transfusion.  Apparently, this is a very common thing for preemies but as a mother nothing is common.  Unfortunately, Layla had a blood transfusion immediately prior to her passing...while I know in my head that the circumstances are completely different between the two girls, I still couldn't tell my heart that.  I prayed over her knowing that this was a decision that only we could make.  The symptoms she was having pushed us to go ahead and consent to the transfusion.  She finished it last night around 11, and tolerated everything fine!  Praise the Lord!!  I could never imagine how much I would love my little girl and how hard it would be to make decisions that would effect her life.  Please keep her in your prayers...that we keep growing and that her immune system would keep infections far away.  

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Growing girl! Sending our prayers. Does BK have a Grandma Ju Ju too? :)

Leanne and Brian said...

she does!!

Post a Comment

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers