CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 4, 2009

Just Me and My Daddy


Just a peak into first moment when Brian got to hold his baby girl.  Briley Kate was having a good day and demanded some snuggle time with daddy!  There is nothing like holding your child for the first time...an instant connection and the feeling of more love than one ever thinks possible.  Usually parents get to hold their child within the first few minutes/hours after birth, and I have to admit that I envy them so much.  Finally, four weeks after her birthday, Daddy and Briley Kate got that moment, and I was so blessed to be a part of it.  She already has him wrapped around her finger.  
Quick update:  She now weighs 2 pounds 11 ounces!  We're slowly creeping up there.  She'll gain a few ounces then lose a few, so its been a slow climb this week.  They have increased her feedings to 23 cc's/ every 2 hours.  She tolerates most of the time but tends to spit up in the mornings when they add the vitamin supplements.  The nurses have tried to take her oxygen off several times, but she seems to want to hold onto the whiff that they have her on.  The doctor's and nurses say that its completely normal...just a slow process (Patience is one fruit of the spirit that I never had, but God is teaching me).  Other than that she's doing fine.  I finally found a few outfits that fit her so she doesn't have to go naked (haha) and she's adorable.  So four weeks old today... HAPPY ONE MONTH BIRTHDAY BABY GIRL!

1 comments:

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

This is precious! What a sweet, sweet, picture! I am so happy for y'all and continue to keep Briley Kate and her parents in my thoughts and prayers.

Post a Comment

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers