CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Yum Yum

So Briley weighs in at 3 pounds and 4 ounces today.  She just has the sweetest disposition...one that I hope will last once she gets home!  I was concerned the other day because I have never really heard her cry.  I didn't know if she wasn't crying because of prematurity or if she just didn't get fussy...luckily for us the nurse reassured me that she definitely had a temper and could let out a big ole cry, but she just has a good temperment.  That a girl Briley!   

Today she actually took 22cc's by bottle!!!!  I thought I was dreaming when the nurse told me.  They are really only trying to bottle feed her once a day because she got so worn out by the whole process, and in fact I didn't even get her out and hold her because she was so tired.  Poor baby, but at least she's trying.  She was 33 weeks gestational age yesterday, and its around this time that babies usually start to gather a suck reflex.  Slowly they will start letting her feed by bottle more and more.  So that's our big news and her big accomplishments.   Brian and I were both amazed at how much "fat" she's put on these last few days.  Eat, Eat, Eat Big Girl so you can come on home to us!

1 comments:

Suzy Shoup said...

We are so glad to hear she's doing so well, Leanne & Brian!

Post a Comment

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers